Saturday, December 25, 2010

My FIRST EVER Holiday Meal at MY HOUSE!!!


My dining room wall--we don't have a fireplace, so this shelf is our "stocking shelf". :D

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

So, we live near both sets of parents. Which is awesome. Because you get lots of free food. BUT I never get to have a big holiday meal at our house. :( Until now!!! This year my family went on vacation for Christmas and so I got to invite the in laws and some close friends that really could be called family to dinner on Christmas Eve! Of course, I had to make sure my table was festive. This is what I came up with:



Full view of the tables


Single Place Setting


Place Cards--there were 9 of us, so I rotated the patterns. :)



Centerpiece--the flash made the colors weird...but this is the centerpiece I use every year from November through January...it may need a face lift for next year.

And here's the menu:
*King Food
Green Salad with croutons and dressing
Rolls
Pumpernickel bread
*Baked Apple Pudding
*Oreo Truffles
*Molasses Cookies
*Puppy Chow

I also had oranges on the menu, but totally spaced them. Oops! Here's the question, which starred recipes do you want? Because I don't want to post all of them, but I will post some of them! Comment and tell me your top 3 starred foods and I'll post 3 total recipes as soon as anyone comments...happy cooking and decorating and Happy Holidays!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What is King Food?

Mynn xx said...

King food is awesome! Matt's dad invented it in the Navy. You cook up 1 lb. of ground hamburger or sausage (I use turkey sausage) and cook it in a skillet. Then you add about 1/2 lb. of thinly sliced potatoes and a couple eggs and cook it until the potatoes are tender. You top it with shredded cheese. Matt's dad says it is food fit for a king! :) It's really yummy!!!