Saturday, April 30, 2011

Charity Never Faileth


Well, my brother needed my crafting expertise...so I couldn't turn him away! He is in a congregation of our church for singles ages 18-30. The girls always do a ton of nice things for the boys, so my brother wanted to reciprocate by doing something that would throw the girls off. They decided brownies. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE a good brownie, but come on! They could do better than that! Enter his idea to enlist me...this is what I came up with. A nice, simple, beautiful card for each of the girls. Since our church's women's group (Relief Society) motto is "Charity never faileth," I decided to make the card go along the lines of charity. I have a TON of red cardstock from a super excellent moving sale, so I decided red and hearts would be appropriate. The inside will be a scripture and short note about how each is apprecitated. The quote on the outside reads, "The greatest gift is a portion of thyself," -Ralph Waldo Emerson. I thought that it went right along with the charity aspect of the card. Anyway, wish me luck as I allow about 10 18-30 year old single men into my crafting sanctuary! I hope you take the time to make something to thank someone who's helped you in your life today! Happy stamping!

No comments: