Friday, June 10, 2011

Silly Key Chain...



My dad needed a key chain because, you see, he was still using the paper tag from the oil change place as his key chain! I told him I could make one for him, he told me he didn't want a girly key chain. My first instinct was to make one OVERLY girly, because I knew he'd think that was funny. But when I searched through my stamps, I found an old retired SU! teacher set that I had and haven't really used. One of the images was a turtle with the phrase, "Slow down, be careful" with it. I thought that would strike my father as funny--because he is a
S L O W driver (we get mad at him sometimes...). So, this is what I came up with!

It was SUPER easy to make! I just stamped my saying onto cardstock and punched it out with my SU! punches, then glued them into some of my SU! hodgepodge hardware accessories. Next, I punched out a patterned paper piece, added my cut out turtle image and glues the into the other side of the hodgepodge hardware. I poured Elmer's glue into each side and let them dry, creating an enamel finish. My dad loved it! I love it, too! I'll definitely be making more in the future! I hope this inspires you to create today! Happy stamping!

No comments: