Thursday, November 17, 2011

Love My Little Penguin!!!

Okay, I love snowmen and penguins. They are so fabulous on winter themed cards! And as I was stamping the other day, I realized that I haven't made ANY cards with penguins this year!!! What the heck?!

Well, I quickly pulled out my penguin stamp (yes, only one--know any cute ones?!) and then sat and stared at it. I needed inspiration--it was imperative!!!

SO....I looked at my list of challenges and picked a couple! :) YES--I keep a notebook of my challenges and what I submit to them. Is that too OCD? I need to do it or I'll forget! And, it's nice to have the record. Of course, I am the ONLY one who can read what in the world it means...

...but I digress. Yet again. Okay, challenges! Yes, I chose a couple! The challenges that I will be submitting my card to are~


AND

Sunday Stampers: Trail of the Lonesome Pine (look at this stunning inspiration!)

Both are FABULOUS challenges and I encourage you to check them out!

Here's the card~

Isn't that penguin ADORABLE?! I L-O-V-E it soooo very much! I masked him off in order to sponge the blue sky. I used a Stampin' Up! rub-on sentiment and some snowflake brads that I bought at a garage sale this summer. Can you see the details? Oh, you want some the details closer? OKAY!!!

Here's a closer look at the details~




Thanks so much for popping by today! I appreciate you being here!!! Happy stamping! :)

5 comments:

Mandy Makes and Mends said...

Love this mynnete it's fab and so cute .......I will gladly join the following always up for some candy ! Mandy x

Deborah Frings said...

A super cute Christmas card - and the penguin is just adorable! Lovely details and great Christmas colours!

Hels Sheridan said...

Adorable indeedily, he is SO stinking cute! Lovely to see you joining in with the Sunday Stamper and thank you for your kind words! Hope to see you back again soon ... Hels x

Gillian .... said...

Hi Mynette, thanks for stopping by my place, this is an adorable card, love the traditional christmas colours.

Mynn xx said...

Thank you, ladies! :)