Tuesday, January 10, 2012

14 Days of Valentines & Technique Tuesday!

Hello! So, I've got a dilly of a card for you today! :) It's a Valentine! And I made it especially for a special reason! :) Okay, so I have a feeling I'll be making quite a few Valentines in the next few weeks, and I don't have too many people to give them to, so I'll be doing a 14 days of Valentines for my husband! Basically, I'll be giving him a Valentine a day until the actual day starting on February 1st. :)

So, here's one of them~

Details~




What do you think? I had a blast creating this one!!! I've used chipboard elements. But, I've done something a little different with them...I'll explain...

On the square piece, I added patterned paper over it, inked it up with Versamark ink and then heat embossed it with Kaleidoscope embossing powder. I did something similar with the heart--I just inked up the "naked" chipboard with Versamark and then embossed it in gold, then inked it again with Versamark and then embossed it with Kaleidoscope embossing powder. I'm sure it's already a technique, but I've decided to call it FAUX ENAMEL. So, there ya go! A new *kinda* start to my old Technique Tuesday! ;)

Doesn't it look neat?! I tried to get okay pictures of the shimmer, but they all turned out too dark. :( Just imagine how bright and shiny it is in real life in your head. Isn't it amazing?! ;)

I hope you've been inspired to create something pretty today! :) Happy stamping--and happy faux enameling! ;)

I'm submitting this into the following challenges~
*CASual Fridays~CAS plus chipboard
*Stamping Boutique~ 12 (I used 12 supplies to make my card: brown ink, white cardstock, ribbon, chipboard, dimensionals, patterned paper, Versamark pad, Kaleidoscope embossing powder, gold embossing powder, MONO adhesive, punch, and heat gun.)
*Tutorial Tuesday with Hope Studios~Tutorial on Faux Enamel

13 comments:

Sandy S said...

I am sure your DH will love all 14 cards! Beautiful card!
Thanks for joining us at The Stamping Boutique...

Sandy S

Karen B. said...

Wow, the techniques on this is just downright amazing! What a beautiful card full of texture and life.

Jacqueline said...

Love your chipboard elements on this Mynnette - thanks for sharing your technique - Jacqueline xx

Val said...

This is stunning - you are gooing to be busy.
Hugs
Valxx

Scrapcat 1 said...

A fabulous CAS card love the big heart and am imagining it all sparkly in real life.

Suzanne Russell said...

Beautiful technique resulting in a beautiful card! Love it!

Unknown said...

Mynnette I love, love, love your technique on this card. Plus, the card is just gorgeous!!!! Great job. Thanks for the inspiration.
hugs,
Ellen

Laurie said...

This sparkly focal point is amazing! Thanks so much for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays!

Dana said...

Holy goodness! Your souped up chipboard shapes are divine! What a grand idea. So glad you joined us for CAS-ual Fridays!

Julia said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at The Stamping Boutique. Hugs, Julia - DT

April said...

I love this card!!! I just love what you did with the chipboard. Thanks so much for joining us at TSB

Miranda said...

fabulous card Mynnette, very lovely
thanks for joining our challenge this week
hugs
Miranda
TSB DT

Elizabeth said...

Gorgeous! Thank you for joining us at TSB.