Saturday, March 17, 2012

52 CCT Theme Challenge #3

So, what are your thoughts about animals, deer friends? Did you see what I did there?! ;) This week at 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown, I'd like to see some cards with Christmas animals on them! Birds are okay, too. Why? Because I've used a bird on one of my cards and love it and refuse to not use it this week! ;)

Here's a little inspiration photo for you~

See! Any animal can be a Christmas animal--just throw a Santa hat or scarf on it or give it a candy cane to hole! I hope this helps you want to join our fun! :) Now, onto my cards! :)

Card 1 and details~




This one didn't photography very well, but the main Rudolph image has a red rhinestone nose and is heat embossed deep brown on dark brown paper--it says "deer friend" all the way round. ;D I've used another reindeer image to create the back panel, and then colored specific pieces of each with a red glitter gel pen. Isn't it cute?! :)

Card 2 and details~




This is the bird one I told you I HAD to share this week!!! I've used oodles of beautiful shimmery white paper--and dry embossed some of it. I've used my current favorite punch window technique, but used dies cuts instead of punches for my window. It was originally going to be just white and green, but there was a strange bare spot. Now covered with roses--though they're not as deep IRL! :)

Thanks for looking, deer friends! ;) I can't wait to see all your super creations--and please take a little time to check out Jacqueline's amazing creations! Merry stamping! :)

4 comments:

lainey said...

love the way the roses pop on this card!! lainey x

Unknown said...

I just love that cute reindeer and that bird card with the red roses is just lovely!
hugs,
Ellen

Jacqueline said...

Love your cards Mynnette - especially the bird, your roses are gorgeous. Mine never look like that when I make them! - Jacqueline xx

Ruth M said...

Another two lovely cards Mynnette, I love the soft green on the bird card! I really liked this weeks challenge as it gave me an opportunity to ink up a neglected stamp - thank you!
Ruth x