Wednesday, March 14, 2012

One Layer Script

Hello! Sorry I've been a bit MIA--but as I explained over the weekend, I have a really busy week ahead and so I'm not sure how many cards I'll be able to make and/or post! But I do have a quick one for you tonight. I made it on Saturday and have hemmed and hawed about whether or not to post it. My DH says it's fabulous, so I'm taking a leap of faith that he's right! ;)

This is a one layer card for the current Less Is More challenge--one layer plus script. It was a struggle for me for some reason. Each script stamp I used looked HORRIBLE. Then I pulled out a Kaiser Craft image that I hadn't used yet (yes, I have stamps I've bought and haven't used yet!) and went with that. We'll see how you feel about it...

Here's the card~

Details~



I hope you like it. I heat embossed the image with black embossing powder, colored in the main images with blender pens and bold colors, and then sponged blue over part of the card to create a sky. I added a bunch of rhinestones for some sparkle at the end. Not sure if it was the right move. But I do love my rhinestones!!! ;)

Anyway, thanks for popping by and taking a look! I appreciate you for doing that--happy stamping! :)

20 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

I think it's pretty Mynnette. Those pink roses are beautiful!!

My Paper Epiphany said...

I think you did a great job. The embossing and colouring looks very pretty and the rhinestones really balance the card. I would love to be able to master "white space'!

Claudia said...

Hi Minette
Thank you very much for your lovely comment on my blog. Your card is really beautiful. The idea with the coloured part looks great and effectiv. And all this details weith the embellishments - just great.
Hugs Claudia

Chrissie said...

I think you should rely on your husband's opinion... he has great taste... this is fabulous Mynnette. The inking around the image is superb and the colouring and touch of bling is wonderful!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Elaine said...

Great card. Sometimes we are too hard on ourselves to get things perfect but if others say it's lovely, then it's LOVELY!

Scrapmate said...

I love how this partially covers the card. Beautiful card.

Esther Asbury said...

Oh I absolutely love it! I struggle with one layer cards -- but you've given me some great ideas! Thanks!

Mrs.B said...

Hi Mynnette, I agree with DH - its fabulous! Beautiful image and the strong colour on the roses is lovely.
Avril

Unknown said...

I loved this Card and the rinestones makes it! Great.
And thanks for visited my blog and your comment.

Margreet

Linda said...

Beautiful card! Love the embossing it really makes the colors pop. So appealing to the eye!

Mandi said...

Absolutely beautiful Mynette, super colouring
Thank you very much
mandi
"Less is More"

Rosemary said...

gorgeous card, mynnette!! the image is just beautiful!

Lyn S said...

I love how you coloured this, it's a really lovely card!

Jacqueline said...

It wouldn't be you without the bling Mynnette - they are the perfect finishing touch to a perfect card - Jacqueline xx

Susan said...

Mynette...I think it's absolutely gorgeous!!! LOVE the way you've sponged the ink and the stamp is awesome!

Vicky Hayes said...

This has to be one of my favourite cards of yours Mynnette! I love everything about it!

Christine said...

Beautiful card Mynnette.

Karen Petitt said...

Mynnette you need to go look at Less is More hun, I love this card and it's my favourite of yours. DH was right congrats! Karen x

Heather T said...

I just saw this one in the showcase and think it is beautiful. I love the fact that you have kept all the beautiful script and images in one corner, its a treat.

Marrigje said...

Beautiful card! Congratiolations on making the showcase. This card really deserves being in the showcase.

Marrigje