Saturday, April 7, 2012

A ton of cards...but not many GOOD ones...

Yes.  I've killed trees this week.  Many, many sad and frightened trees.  I'll show you all my mistakes today and we'll see if you like anything I've created.  UGH.  I promise to show you something beautiful tomorrow, as it IS Easter Sunday and our Lord deserves the best.

I've made quite a few cards for the OLW challenge this week--the challenge is to make a one layer card without a sentiment.  I made about 6, but only kept 4.  I'll show you the good, the bad, and the ugly (all according to my opinion).  I promise not to judge you if you think what I think is bad or ugly to be good.

Let's start with ugly~

Bad~


Good~

Yeah.  Not my best work.  Gonna try harder to make Susan and Jennifer proud next week...

But let's now look at a card that I really am happy with.  This one is for the Colour Create Challenge: dark purple, bright green, and cream.  My DH says it's one of my best.  I love him!

Here's the card~

Details~



I hope you all have a wonderfully restful and peaceful Easter weekend!  If you'd like to hear my religious musings and thoughts about Easter, please visit my digital art blog here and here.  Happy stamping, and Happy Easter! :)

10 comments:

Sabrina said...

I liked all of your cards, but your hubby is right the purple, green & cream is the best of the bunch. It's gorgeous!! Thank you for joining us at Colour Create Challenge. :)

judit said...

Beautiful cards, I like the first ones as well! Have a peaceful Easter! judit x

Shelly Schmidt said...

Great cards- like the CAS cards- but LOVE the last one you posted!

Darnell said...

I like the first "bad" and love the "good" and am CASEing "one of the best" cards ever! Happy Easter!

Kerry Steger said...

Mynette, you are way too hard on yourself! I love ALL your cards. Yes the last one is stunning but I love CAS cards and those first ones are perfect!!!!

Helen in the UK said...

It's only the colour scheme I wasn't so keen on with the first two cards. Loved the crown one! The others are beautiful. Congrats on showing those you aren't so proud of as well :)

Lisa Lynn said...

I really like your Inspire Card and how you lifted the sentiment up. I don't think there is anything wrong with the first cards - they are simple and elegant. Hope you have a joyous Easter!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh I think we're all our own worst critics LOL, these are not that bad girl!!! CAS is tough for me too, I always want to add more. I like them all. I hope you had a beautiful Easter!

Victoria said...

You create such detailed stamped scenes, even when they are CAS. Really beautiful cards, and like you, I especially love the last two.

G Peplow said...

All beautiful cards Mynette, You're much too hard on your self, I love the crown card and also the inspire card, well done, Gay xxx