Saturday, May 19, 2012

52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown: Theme Challenge #5

So, we're back with another weekly Christmas card challenge for you over at 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown!  This week it's a theme challenge and I have chosen the theme of Nativities.  Looking at different types of Nativity scenes during the holiday season is a favorite pastime of mine.  I LOVE seeing different artist's versions of this special and important event.

Here's one of my favorite~

Isn't that gorgeous?!  I adore it.  I am going to print out this photo and frame it to display at Christmas this year in my home.  But I digress a little...

Here's my first card and details~




I went for bold and bright colors to go with the is bold solid image.  I wanted to use nontraditional colors for this card as I felt the image a bit nontraditional.

And now for the second card with details~
 



A nontraditional color scheme, but I felt it appropriate given the softness of the image.  I think I like this one better than the first--it's more my style. ;)

So, what will YOU create this week?  I cannot wait to see it!  And don't forget to go say hi to Jacqueline and see her gorgeous creations!  Merry stamping!!!

7 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Your cards are stunning Mynnette - love the non-traditional colours and your stamped images are gorgeous - Jacqueline xx

Becky said...

Beautiful Christmas cards. I love the photo, how touching.

Lisa Elton said...

Oh wow this inspiration photo is gorgeous! I'm with you it's worth framing for sure! Love both of your cards Mynnette! Your second is my fav with the soft colors and sparkle!

Canonbury creations said...

Two lovely cards Mynnette but how pretty is the 2nd one in such a soft colour palette :)
Val x

Deborah Frings said...

I think both cards are just lovely, but so different. Sorry I've not been by for a while, but things are back to normal now ;) And I hope to play this week too!

Holly Young said...

Oh they are both gorgeous, but I am in LOVE with the second one!!!! so gorgeous, so elegant!!!

Ruth M said...

I love how you've made cards with two very different styles - and they're both fab Mynnette! I love the bold contempo look of the first one but also love the soft and pretty second card!
Ruth x