Saturday, June 2, 2012

My AD{H?}D Lifestyle...

WOW.  It's been a roller coaster ride today!  I do have another card to share, but first I wanted to share a bit about my crazy "organizational" skills that people think I have.  I LOVE being busy.  I LOVE having things to do (as long as they're mixed between enjoyable and less-enjoyable).  A lot of people think I'm organized.  GUESS WHAT?!  I'm not!!!  Ask my OCD sister.  SHE is the one who has taught me to be organized.  SHE was the voice of reason (Are you REALLY gonna use that?) for YEARS before she went to college...and left me all alone!  I had to step up at that point.  I did.  BUT I do it  MY way.  Which is scatterbrained.  If I am blogging and happen to need to go to the bathroom, as soon as I'm out of the bathroom, I do some other task in another part of the house.  Today, I have gone from laundry to eating to blogging to Primary lesson prep to laundry to eating to bathroom to laundry to cleaning to bathing dog to....YOU get the point.  I don't think I honestly do something for more than 10 minutes UNLESS I LOVE IT.  I could make cards for hours.  I DID last night!  But today, my ADD is kicking in BIG TIME and it's been really scary...thanks to my DH for keeping me on track at times!!!  When HE doesn't do it, I have to FORCE myself to do things right away that I've promised other people I'd do...otherwise it literally never gets done.  Unless they give me a deadline.  And then I DO get it done.  Open ended things have never worked well for me!  Self study classes, nope.  Challenges that never really end--don't do 'em even if I intend to!  I'm crazy.  I NEED STRUCTURE!!!  But I can't really create it for myself I guess...unless lists count.  I make TONS of lists...I have TONS of notebooks for different things--ask my DH!  This is getting too long, so I'll stop now.

Okay, so personal share time is OVER, so let's talk about the card I have to show you.  I have 2 more, but I'll save them for another day...THIS card is one that was inspired by my love for strawberries dipped in sugar.  YUM!

Here's the card~

Details~






For these fabulous challenges~





Since I was long winded up top, I'll be short down here!  I hope you like what you see--got questions, email me!  Thanks for stopping by--happy stamping! :)

8 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

This is SO VERY CUTE!! I love those strawberries....and the glitter makes them super "sweet!"

Tonya said...

This IS so sweet. I love it!
I am the opposite you and comulsive like your sister. I will sit for hours if I am trying to figure something out or if I am in the middle of something. Oh how I wish I could just walk away from something. And I am sure you feel the opposite. It seems that is the way life works. lol

Lisa Elton said...

Oooo do I love your little sugared strawberries Mynnette! and I love the description of your day...even sneaking a bath for your dog LOL!!!

Jacqueline said...

Hi Mynnette - I am organised enough to get everything done in my day - it just might not be in the correct priority order and I do feel under pressure about a lot of things, but - they always get done. I was also once told 'if you want something doing - ask a busy person to do it!'
have a great day - Jacqueline xx

Cassie said...

Oooo, I LOVE those strawberries and that sentiment! Your card is just gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with the CIC, Mynnette :D

Tracey said...

Very nice! Those berries sure look yummy!

Victoria said...

The touch of glitter is just perfect for those strawberries... delicious!
I agree with what Jacqueline says "if you want something doing - ask a busy person to do it!" so much truth in that!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

SUPER fun card! LOOOOOOOOVE the touch of glitter on the strawberries--totally doing that next time I use that image! Great card:) THANKS so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the PDCC!