Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Something totally different...

For those of you who have been following me for a while, you know that I am trying to branch out with different styles, etc.  One thing that I don't "do" much of is cutsie cards.  BUT, that has all changed!  A little while back, I was lucky enough to win some adorable Whoopsie Dasiy digis for participating in the Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge.  It was time to put them to use!

Here's the first card I've made~

Details~





Inside~



For these fabulous challenges~

(I added tons of flower embellishments
 made with punches, markers, and rhinestones.)

(This card will be going to my little sister
for her birthday later this year.)

(decorate the inside of the card)

(I forgot I had this gorgeous embossing folder!)

(Nothing says an old fashioned summer like
a tree swing and pretty light clothing!)

Basic Grey: Fun in the Sun
(Swinging in the summer is the best fun!)

So, what do you think?  I LOVE it!!!  I started by coloring the image with blender pens and soft inks, sponged in a sky, then I added some shimmery details to the dress and bonnet.  After that, I decided to create some branches and blossoms for the top of the tree and added the panel to my card base that was created with pink, green, and blue papers.  The blue paper was dry embossed with a Sizzix folder and the pink lace to the side is a border punch by Martha Stewart.  More flowers were added and the front of the card was done!

Then onto the inside.  I've had a Hero Arts/Basic Grey set that I bought back around Valentine's Day from their Kissing Booth line and the sentiment seemed PERFECT for a birthday card for my little sister who will be turning 12 later this year.  She LOVES girly things, so I think this card will be a winner!  After I fussy cut the sentiment out and layered it, I added it to a dry embossed strip and then added another flower with some leaves to continue the theme from the outside.  SO glad that stamp got some use!!!!

Well, that's all for now!  Thanks for stopping by--I am so glad that you did!  I hope you come and play along with these fabulous challenges so I can see YOUR creations!  Happy stamping! :)

21 comments:

cotnob said...

This is a beautiful card Mynnette, such a pretty colour combination and beautiful embellishments. I love the decorated inside of your card as well.
Thank you so much for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy this week.
Pauline
x

Tonya said...

Gorgeous and very feminine! I love the flowers and the inside is fabulous! Thanks for sharing with us at Celebrate The Occasion!

Tonya
CTO DT

Tonya said...

Very pretty!

I love your new blog look.

BugBites said...

Wow, so cute. TFS with us at CTO

Lisa Elton said...

So pretty Mynnette! I don't think it looks cutsie at all. It has a bit of victorian vintage flair!

Lucianna Dilsaver said...

Beautiful details inside & out and your image is so pretty! Thanks for joining us this week @ CTO for our "Happy Birthday" Challenge :)

Danielle Vincent said...

Hi Mynnette - that is a pretty elegant "cutsie" card with all its gorgeous details and soft colors with a hint of shimmer! I love it!

Anonymous said...

This is a gorgeous card! I love the vintage feel of it and the color combo is great! Thanks for joining our challenge this week at Use it Tuesday and I hope we'll see you again.
Tammy DT

Danielle said...

Very sweet card! Love the combination of colors and the embossing folder you used for the background.
Thank you for playing with us at Use it Tuesday!

Jacqueline said...

Wow Mynnette - this is fabulous. So pretty - just right for a young girl's birthday, I'm sure your little sister will love it - Jacqueline xx

Heather said...

A fabulous card, wonderful colours and your image is adorable.

hugs Heather xx
Thanks so much for joining us at Basic Grey challenge.

walchowDesign said...

Gorgeous and very feminine cards, Mynnette!

Adrian said...

Cute, thanks for playing @ CTO!

Unknown said...

Great colour combo, so refreshing! Love the sparkles you added to the image. Thank you for joining us at the Celebrate the Occasion challenge and hope to see you back again. Hugs
Anna xxx

Tracey said...

This is goregeous; I love that image!! The embossing and border is so nice and those flowers are beautiful. Your little sister is going to love this.
Hugs

Unknown said...

What a sweet and beautiful card! I'm glad you found your embossing folder :) Thanks for joining us at Use It Tuesday!

Jan said...

This is great thanks for joining us at WD xx Jan

Love crafts forever said...

OMG! So gorgeous!!! Thanks for playing at Whoopsi Daisy this week and using one of our images.
Hugs Nataliya

Rachel said...

Really pretty card!

Thank you for joining us at Celebrate the Occasion this week, Rachel xxx

Haven_mom4 said...

Super cute, thanks for joining us at Use it Tuesday

Mona`s Bittelille Scrappekrok said...

This is stunning! This is actuallyone of my fav WD images. You did a great jov with her. Thanks for joining us at WhoopsiDaisy. Hugs...Mona