Saturday, August 25, 2012

52CCT: August Embellishment Challenge

Wow, Jacqueline chose a really hard embellishment for me personally!  Oh, I guess I should tell you that this post is all about my DT submission for this week's 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown card! ;)

Here's the challenge~

My card~

Details~



Chipboard is really not something I use much but luckily I had purchased a huge bag of it at a garage sale!  I started by spraying the chipboard N with my homemade glimmer mist and let it dry.  It started to peel out a little, and so I had to tape it down with some double sided tape.  I added some ribbon and twine and put it onto the metallic patterned paper.  I then added the "noel" accent that I had embossed in gold on dark green cardstock.  I hope you like it--it was REALLY hard to photograph!

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you come and join in our challenge this week because I LOVE seeing your creations!  And don't forget to take a look at the other DT submissions--you won't be sorry you did!  Merry stamping! :)

4 comments:

Kylie said...

This is beautiful. I LOVE your colours and what you did with the chipboard is amazing! Now, I hope I have some stashed somewhere... ;)

Lisa Elton said...

So pretty Mynnette! I like your letter negative, it reminds me of a stencil!

Danielle Vincent said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this card!! I have some of those chipboard letter like that too - must remember to pull them out and do something with them. Hugs!

Ruth M said...

This is stunning Mynnette, love the shimmer and shine! Such a rich colour combo which gives a real opulent feel and look to the card!
Ruth x