Saturday, October 20, 2012

Suprise{ish}!

So, I already contacted all my DT pals and told them that my laptop is in the shop. :-O  Seriously...I'm lost.  Luckily, my DH and I have worked to make it possible for me to blog on our old dusty desktop!  The only problem is I don't know that I'll remember how to hook everything up again if he's not here! ;)  So, anyway, I will by trying my darndest to catch up and stay on top of my DT duties!

I'm also really glad that we got this computer up and running because I made two cards that I wanted to share with you!  You'll notice that my watermark is different...part of having to use a different computer.  BUT, I think I like this new one better, so it may be a keeper!  But I digress...let's get to the goods! ;)

Card one~

Details~




For these fabulous challenges~

 



This card was made with my BRAND NEW stamp set--literally bought this morning!  It's by Glitz Designs and is called "French Kiss." TONS of gorgeous vintage images--it's bound to be a new favorite! ;)

Card two~

Details~




For these fabulous challenges~

 
 

 

This one is not as CAS as I wanted it to turn out--sorry gals at LIM!  I will work hard on a re-make.  It features a sentiment by Technique Tuesday Stamps and the leaves are dollar finds by a company I don't remember...I'm thinking Studio G or some other Studio stamp company.  Sorry! :(

Thanks for stopping by to take a peek!  I appreciate you being here and commenting on my creations.  I hope you come and join in with these fabulous challenges--I LOVE seeing other people's work!  Happy stamping!!!

Also linking this to: The Gratitude Campaign.

22 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Great mix of card here Mynnette! One looks fresh and spring like and the other warm and fallish. Hope you get your computer issues fixed ;)

Chrissie said...

You're right about having grabbed all the white space Mynnette, but this card is seriously gorgeous!
The story of you + laptop v hubby + desktop sounds like me some some months ago. I KNOW how you feel! I hope your laptop returns soon. Mine was given a factory reset and so I had to re-load oodles of stuff!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Suzilou said...

Lovely creations, really like the layout. Going to have to look out for that wood embossing folder. :)

Vicky Hayes said...

I love both of these bold designs Mynnette and I love the way you embellish with jewels! Vicky x

Kim S said...

I love your bold colors on the first card and the collage of birds and bees. The second is so rich and warm - I love the cluster of leaves on the sweet circle die!

Nancy said...

These are Gorgeous cards Mynnette!! Love the color combinations on them and those beautiful stamps!
Nancy xx :D

Sue said...

Two very pretty cards, Mynette. I really like both.

Annie said...

a couple of beautiful cards - I rather like the wood effect on your 2nd card, and the little leaves too. hugs, annie x

Darnell said...

They are both beautiful, Mynnette, and represent both stunning spring/summer colors and fall/winter colors. Awesome! I really adore that first one; it's a real eye-stopper in every way!!

Darnell said...

Ha! I meant eye-popper, but since it's from me, I suppose you would expect eye-stopper and you would know what I meant!!

Danielle Vincent said...

Both cards are absolutely fabulous Mynnette! Sorry I haven't been by as much to leave you notes - my life has been a bit crazy lately and you have been so crazy busy making fabulous cards that I can't quite keep up. Please know that I always have to see what your up to even if I don't have the chance to leave notes.

Hope the computer is back up and running soon. Funny how we become so dependent on it that it feels as if someone cut off our arms when it doesn't work. Hugs!

Zoechaos said...

Perhaps I should crash my laptop i might get crafting again then!

These are both fabulous cards I especially love the first one and your terrific stamping with the bird and bee as well as the lovely bright colours. Thank you for joining us at the Stamp Man and have fun with the computer! XOXO Zoe

Katy said...

These are gorgeous!! Love the sketch you used! Look forward to see more of your new stamps! I love vintage! And yay for your DH! They are so wonderful! :) Oh also I like your new watermark. Maybe you should do a post on how to make them *wink *wink *nudge *nudge ;)

Janice said...

Beautiful work & such a lovely design, Jx

Michele Gross said...

2 beautiful cards! Hope you get your computer back soon :) Thanks so much for playing along in our Over the Edge challenge. It's a very special week for us here at CAS-ual Fridays, and I hope you're enjoying all the sneak peeks :)
~hugs~
Michele

Anonymous said...

Both these cards are lovely Mynnette! Like how from your 1st card have used more than one stamp in a spot but in different colours. Love the leaves on your second card.
Pearl x

Loli said...

Hola Mynnette, what beautiful cards!the first one is very bright and CAS, i like your embossed background, the second is a perfect autumnal card, the background is beautiful!, i like your doily and your leves, well done.
Hugs from Palma and i hope to see you soon.

Jenny said...

Two fabulous cards Mynette.... gorgeous colours on the first and love the embossed bkgd too :0)
So glad you joined us again this week at CASual Fridays :0)
Jenny x

Susan said...

Two beautiful cards, Mynnette! LOVE the one with the wood grain backgrounds...and the inking really makes the embossing pop!

Pam said...

You've created two very elegant cards! Beautiful job with the colors for the challenge at 365 Cards :)

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous texture on both cards! Love the blue bird paired with the other colors and white, great texture too :) Thanks for playing this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

Patrice said...

Great cards - I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!

http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/11/52-card-pickup-week-44.html