Monday, November 5, 2012

Make My Monday: Autumn: Use Kraft & Twine

Hello there!  It's a brand new month at Make My Monday and boy do we have a fabulous theme for you!!!  The theme to work from this month is AUTUMN.  This week we'd like to see autumnal creations that also incorporate kraft paper and twine!

Here's my card~

Details~



For some reason, the first thing that comes to mind when I hear "autumn" is the forest.  So, I wanted to create a card that reflect that.  I did use some unusual colors for the season, but I used a sentiment of thanksgiving and will send this out for Thanksgiving to a family member in celebration! :)

Thanks for stopping by and taking a peek.  I hope you come and play along with us this week!  Don't forget to say hi to the other DT members and comment on their amazing creations!  Happy stamping! :)

9 comments:

Tara Cardwell said...

love the tree and the sentiment is just darling.
Tara
x

Jacqueline said...

A beautiful card Mynnette , perfect for Thanksgiving with that lovely sentiment - Jacqueline xx

Fliss said...

Really fabulous card Mynnette and love the floral paper peeking out under the lovely wood effect. Lovely sentiment and why didn't I think of bakers twine!
Hugs, Fliss xx

Suze Bain said...

What a beautiful sentiment Mynnette, a lovely card. xx

Kim S said...

Fabulous card! I love the floral paper peeking through and I really like the use of the twine!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh this is the sweetest! Love the cutouts from the woodgrain paper. The pretty floral peeking through makes me think a happy little bird or chipmunk lives in there ;)

Suzanne B aka brookfies said...

As usual Mynnette this is fab ..love the cut in semi circles and all that lovely coloured string (twine to you people over the pond lol). Suzanne xx

Unknown said...

What a sweet sentiment! I love your card design. Very unique!!!
hugs,
Ellen

Pia S said...

The wooden background with cut outs is such a pretty and original design, and what a lovely sentiment! Fabulous card, Mynnette!