Friday, July 19, 2013

Hope

I'm sure that I've titled a post "Hope" before, but today I have another card using hope as a theme and I'll get a little more in depth about what I think hope really is.  But first, the card!  This card was made with a cancer survivor in mind...or perhaps just any woman who needs a reminder to not give up!

Here it is~

For these fabulous challenges~

IBSIC60



I've used stamps by Inspired By Stamping, liquid pearls by Ranger, and all other supplies are by Stampin' Up!.

And now, a word on HOPE.  I know that a lot of people have hope, but I think my hope is different.  Because my DH and I haven't been able to have children and may not, I hope NOT for a child anymore, I hope for God to make it right in the next life.  Because I have faith that He will.  And that, my friends, is hope.  Not hoping for things that might not come, but hoping for things to be better once we leave this life.  Isn't that the best gift God could give us?

Thank you so much for stopping by today and taking a peek at my card!  I hope you've been inspired to create something today and that you join in the fun at these amazing challenges!  HUGS and happy stamping friends!


15 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Beautiful card Mynnette, I like the frilly pink trim. I always remember that before the word Hope comes Faith and it's followed by Love. God may not give us what we Hope for in our time frame, but He will give it in His. His Love for us never fades. I'll remember you and your hubby in my prayers sweet friend ;)

Rocky said...

That sentiment says it all! Fantastic card.

Deepti said...

This is indeed a card that will bring hope :) love the flowers in the background and the use of ribbon :)

Pia S said...

This is a wonderful sentiment and a beautiful creation of soft pinks.

sandie said...

love the strong bold sentiment against the lovely soft and subtle background x

Leah said...

Your card is just gorgeous. I love how you layered the sentiment over the soft stamping on the background and your ribbon treatment is lovely. I'm so glad you joined us at IBS! On a personal note, I wanted to thank you for sharing about your hope and what true hope is. I totally agree and my heart and prayers go out to you and my husband and I have struggled to have children as well. I still struggle with it, but I thank you for the reminder that our hope is not for here and that when our hope is fulfilled it will be perfect and forever. Hugs to you!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Stunning card! Love the layout and the light shade of pink is just elegant! Thanks for joining in at IBS!

NGCARDS said...

Great creation! Thanks for playing at Charisma Cardz! xxx

Sparkly Engineer said...

That sentiment is awesome and I really, really like just that touch of black matting around the card and the remainder pink and white. It is very classy looking

Danielle Vincent said...

What a beautiful card and a beautiful post dear Mynn. Hope has so many different meanings depending on the person(s) but the important thing is that we have it. With hope we also seem to experience peace. Sending you big hugs. D

Joanna M - Inspired by Stamping said...

This is so pretty! I love the folded ribbon. And the pink flowers for the background! Beautiful!

Bubbles said...

Really pretty card, thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz.
Joanne x

cebelica said...

Wow, this is gorgeous! So stylish and elegant. I love it! Thanks for playing with us at Crafty ribbons! Hugs! xx

Cheryl Wright said...

This is so beautiful and elegant, Mynette!

Tina said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Love the softness of the pink and the addition of those pearls. Thanks for playing along with IBS.