Thursday, October 10, 2013

Two Autumnal Offerings

It's time for another "just because" post from me! :)  This time, I'm using a card style that I have wanted to try that is aptly used by my friend Ruth at Flower Sparkle.  THIS CARD inspired me to give it a go!  And I'm trying to use my new and old stamps that haven't seen the light of day recently or at all, so I grabbed out some of the stash and got busy!  I've got another card to share, too.  Both are autumn themed! :)

Here's the finished project~

Detail~



For these fabulous challenges~




I've used sequins from my stash, liquid pearls by Ranger, twine by We R Memory Makers, a clear glitter gel pen by Sakura (to highlight the sentiment), and all other supplies are by Stampin' Up!.

And now onto card #2--another autumnal offering by this time a bit more artsy in the feel. :)

Here's the card~

Detail~


For these fabulous challenges~




This card uses more sequins from my stash, a sentiment from Great Impressions, a fun texture set by Bo Bunny, liquid pearls by Ranger, and all other supplies are by Stampin' Up!.

That's all for me now!  Thanks so much for taking a bit of time to come and say hello!  I hope that you join in the fun of these challenges and that you create something today!  HUGS and happy stamping to you all! :)


16 comments:

Ruth M said...

Wow, Mynn, you're such a huge inspiration so I am chuffed to bits that I inspired you - very happy and honoured! You made a wonderful job of it, such a beautiful autumnal card!

I love the more artsy card too, it really conjures up a windy autumn day when leaves get whipped up and I love the warm colours!

Hope you're having a great week! {{{{hugs}}}} Ruth x

Fabiola said...

magnifique Mynnette, quelle poésie! biz

Zoe said...

Great autumn card, thank you for joining in Rhedd and Rosie challenge, good luck Hun, Zoe DT

Heide said...

Oh My Goodness! What gorgeous cards. Love your Fall cards than the way you used the Different card opening to go with our sketch...genius! Thanks for joining us this week.
Hugs, Heide SSW-DT

Unknown said...

I love the unusual shape to the card and the colours are fab! Many thanks for entering the Rhedd and Rosie's Challenge and good luck! Melissa (DT) xxxx

Donna Nuce said...

Beautiful cards Mynn! I don't always get a chance to comment but wanted to let you know I love reading your blog. Have a great day.

Anonymous said...

Your cards are gorgeous.

Thank you for joining us at Rhedd & Rosie Challenge Blog.

Moira xxx

Lisa Elton said...

What a fun design on your first car Mynnette and i like the little leaf paper! Your second card is so pretty kind of elegant too!

Beccalite said...

What a great autumnal card, love the design very clever and effective.

Thank you so much for coming over and joining in with our 17th Challenge at Rhedd and Rosies Challenge Blog.

Great Big Huge Hugs

Becca xxx

mulberry station said...

Gorgeous fall cards. I love them both. I have to comment on the picture of the Savior and the children. I have it hanging in my living room..one of my favorites.
Thanks for joining us this week.
Nancy SSW

Linda Anderson said...

Wowza, your cards are absolutely gorgeous! Love, love, love each one. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Linda

Pia S said...

Both cards have such a beautiful autumn feel to them! Love how the first cards opens up (a design I really want to try out myself some time in the future). Your second card has a lovely color scheme - so soft and love the added sparkle!

Joanna M. said...

Both these cards are fabulous but I REALLY like the way you made "our" card. Fantastic idea how it opens!! Thanks so much for sharing this with us.
~JO, SSW-DT

Sally Dube said...

Gorgeous cards, love your colors , just beautiful. I think I will be adapting this Sketch to your style of opening it on the angle - very clever!!
So glad you played along with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!!
Blessings to you Mynn!!
Sally SSW-DT

Jeannie said...

Gorgeous creation with our sketch this week! The sequins and how you've finished off the inside are just beautiful.

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Nonni said...

These are both stunning but I really love the colors of the first one -and the way the card opens. So clever!! xx