I'm hosting a Handmade Holiday Hullabaloo at my house on Saturday. Each person is to bring a handmade gift and a snack to share. I was wracking my brain about what to make because, yes I have a TON of cards, but....I wanted to do something NEW. Then I saw the challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday...and remembered a hoard of gold tissue paper I had. A the idea was born...
Here's the set I made~
The vase and details~
The tag and details~
For these fabulous challenges~
I used gold tissue paper from Hallmark, Mod Podge Matte Finish, glitter by Martha Stewart (fine, white gold) and Stampin' Up! (chunky, gold), a stamp set by Close to My Heart, black Versamark ink, cardstock by Stampin' Up!, and all other supplies from my stash.
I apologize for some of the photos--all the glitter and shiny tissue paper made it really hard to photography! And now, a "How To" on the vase...because it is SO easy!
1. Clean your vase (got mine at a thrift store...hence the beginning silliness).
2. Pour about 1/2 cup (more or less depending on size of vessel) of the Mod Podge into a new container. Add about 1/2 a container of ultra fine glitter and mix well.
3. Use the glitter Mod Podge to add gold tissue paper to the vase. I crinkled my paper before I adhered it to give added texture.
4. Stamp images onto other gold tissue paper and cut out around them. Mod Podge these to the vase with the glitter mixture.
5. Add chunky glitter to the rest of the Mod Podge and make it really chunky.
6. Sponge the chunky glitter mixture liberally onto the vase, avoiding the image portions.
7. Let the vase dry thoroughly.
I still had some of the chunky glitter mix left over so I am keeping it to use sometime...soon hopefully!
Thanks for stopping by to take a peek at my creation! I hope you've been inspired to try something NEW today! Don't forget to also play along with these fabulous challenges! HUGS and happy stamping friends!