Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Daydream Designs: Cardinal + Wednesday Wisdom

Before I start my post, I'd like to say a heartfelt THANK YOU to Diane and the other gals on the Daydream Designs DT.  This will be my last post for this team.  Sadly, I am stepping down to take some time out to focus on schoolwork, etc.  These gals are some of the most amazing people I have met and I will truly miss working with them on a regular basis.

Hi, friends!  It's Wednesday, the day I share a card made with digital elements from the Daydream Designs store and today I have a not so traditional autumn card for you.  You might be wondering why I chose the cardinal on my card since it's more of a winter bird...well, the only reason is because I think he's pretty! :)  Take a peek!


See?!  He's beautiful!  you can find him in the Deck the Halls color set.  The only things I did to accent this wonderful pre-colored digi were to highlight his eye with some clear glitter gel pen and add some Stickles to the branches.  I fussy cut around the image to create a fun and different design.  I think it looks great!



The sentiment is from the Autumn Blessings set.  The font on these sentiments is just so fun and perfect!  All I needed to do to accent it was add a few red rhinestones!


This fussy cut panel was then added to a patterned paper card base.  I did some faux stitching around the edges and made it look like it "disappeared" behind the image panel.  Really, I was lazy and only added this after the image panel had been added to save time. ;)


I just love the autumn time.  It truly is a happy time for me.  We have one of our church's semi-annual general conferences in October, my hubby's birthday and other family members' birthdays fall in this season, and my 10 year anniversary is also this fall!  The autumn really is such a happy time and I give thanks to God for all He has given me!


That's all for me today, friends!  I hope you go and grab these fabulous digi elements and take some time to browse the rest of the store!  HUGS, grateful blessings, and happy {digi} stamping to you!

 photo Sigcopy.png

6 comments:

Lisa Lara said...

Amazing design Mynn. Wow.

Diane Noble said...

Simply beautiful, Mynn, as always. We've LOVED having you on our team. You've been an amazing dreamer, and I can't tell you how much I've appreciated your many gorgeous showcases of Daydream Designs images. You are an awesome artist. You know the door is always open for you at Daydream Designs. We all wish you the very best with your schooling and all that lies ahead of you. So glad we'll be staying in touch!

Becky said...

wow Mynn, this is gorgeous. Love how you did a fancy cut to put it on this gorgeous design paper. Love the glitter too.

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeous Mynn
Gr Karin

Jenny said...

Hi Mynn! Lovely card and fab coloring. Hope school is going well!

Hugs,

Jenny

Lisa Elton said...

You've done a wonderful job on the team Mynn and I'm sure they will miss you dearly! Your card is beautiful. I love the whitespace under the pretty cardinal image!