Thursday, October 23, 2014

Great Impressions: Elegant Christmas Card

Today I'm here to wish you a MERRY CHRISTMAS!  Yep, I know.  We've still got a couple of months to go (so don't panic QUITE yet), but I'm here with a simple and elegant Christmas card using a beautiful sentiment stamp from the Great Impressions online store!  Come and look...


The first step to making this card was to heat emboss F48 Elegant Merry Christmas onto a piece of white cardstock using gold embossing powder.  I added some red and white baker's twine tied in a bow with a pearl center to finish off this portion of the card.



After finishing this panel, I punched a fun scallop/circle border out of a piece of green cardstock.  This green piece was added to my patterned/glitter paper base and some pearls were added to accent this portion of the card.


After I finished this up, it was just a matter of putting it all together!  I LOVE the final product and I truly feel like this sentiment can totally stand on it's own as the only stamping on a project.  What do you think?


Thanks so much for stopping by to take a peek at my creation!  Hop over to the Great Impressions blog for more inspiration and come play along with our monthly challenge, too!  If you use stamps from Great Impressions, you'll be able to link up your creation in our Customer Gallery, too!  HUGS and happy stamping to you all!

 photo Sigcopy.png

2 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

indeed elegant and beautiful Mynn
Gr Karin

Lisa Elton said...

Great design Mynn! I like the cut outs for the pearls and the multiple wraps of twine!