Saturday, October 4, 2014

Inspired By Stamping: Saturday Designer Spotlight!


Hi again, friends!  I'm super excited to be the designer spotlight over on the Inspired By Stamping blog today!  I've got a quick and easy tutorial on how to create this watercolor effect on your creations!  You may remember a similar card that I made with this same technique.  I thought it'd be fun to share the "how to"!  Let's start by taking a look at my completed card for today... 


The first thing you'll need to do is gather a few supplies.  White cardstock, Versamark ink, white embossing powder, the Flower of the Month: Aster set, a watercolor pen or a paintbrush and water, and desired inks.  Start by embossing your flower image onto the white cardstock.  Trust me--you don't absolutely need watercolor paper to get the same effect. 

After embossing the flower from the Aster set, take your inks and watercolor pen and just go at it.  I usually layer on a few colors and I always make sure to watercolor around the entire embossed portion of the image so that it looks more defined in a strange way.  Make sure to watercolor using lightest colors first and moving up in intensity.  For this image, I did the yellow centers first, then the lightest green, lightest purple, dark green, mid purple, and finally darkest purple tone.


After finishing your panel, you can dry it with a heat gun on the front and back to speed drying times.  The colors will get a little bit lighter as the panel dries, so keep that in mind when choosing hues.  After finishing this panel, I added some twine and tied on a sentiment from the same Aster set as the image.


I then added the panel to a card base that was prepped with a patterned paper panel.  A few deep blue pearls finished off my creation!  The color combos for this image from the Aster set is just limitless--I hope you try this out and link it up in our Customer Gallery!!!



That's all for me today!  I hope you take a chance to go and grab our newest release from the store and, if you spend $50, you will get a free stamp set!  Also, come and join in the fun of our current challenge, too!  If you use products from the Inspired By Stamping store, link them up in the Customer Gallery as well!  HUGS and happy stamping to you all!

 photo Sigcopy.png

Inspired-by-Stamping_thumb.png

Flower of the Month: Aster set

6 comments:

lisa808 said...

Lovely card.

Desire Fourie said...

Wow Mynn this is just gorgeous. So love the colouring of the flowers the slanted image and the twine with the sentiment. Happy World Cardmaking Day 2014!
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Lisa Elton said...

Congrats to you Mynn, very pretty card!! The water coloring is fantastic!

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is beautiful Mynn
Gr Karin

Taunya Butler said...

Absolutely breathtaking and very beautiful!! You did a gorgeous job on highlighting and spotlighting your beautiful watercolored blooms!! I am so impressed and just love seeing what you do!!

Mary R. said...

Hi Mynn,
I'm a new subbie:) I am new to alcohol markers too. You did a fantastic job coloring! I love your colors:) I also like how you juxtoposed your card layers.