Friday, January 30, 2015

CASE-ing Christmas: Challenge #5


Hi, crafty peeps!  How'd your January pan out?  I hope it was fabulous!  The second month of 2015 is about to start, but first, we have another new challenge going on this week at CASE-ing Christmas!  This week, we're CASEing another one of my past creations...take a gander at it real quick...


I decided to use the same color scheme and the same birch tree stamp from Great Impressions on my CASE for this week.  The colors look a bit more green than blue, but I think it turned out great.  Here's my creation inspired by past work...


Like I said, I decided to use the same birch tree stamp from Great Impressions.  I heat embossed it onto some Basic Grey patterned paper using black and silver embossing powder.  I added a few rhinestones around the trees to imitate snow.


I then cut out some silver glitter paper by DCWV to create snowbanks.  I added them to the card and used some Stickles glitter glue to the tops to show that there are two panels, not just one, of "snow".


The last thing to do was to add a sentiment.  This one is from Close To My Heart.  I decided to go geometric when I cut the side at an angle before adding it to the card.  This helps lend to the modern feel of the card.


The completed card looks very modern.  Or retro.  Which cracks me up because I feel like those two terms that should be opposites are usually more in common than unalike. ;)  I think it looks great, though.  What do you think?  I'd love for you to leave me a comment and let me know!


That's all for me today!  I'll be back next week with another card for CASE-ing Christmas, and I hope you hop on over and join in our current challenge!  I cannot wait to see what you will create for us!  HUGS and MERRY stamping to you all!

 photo Sigcopy.png

6 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

wow Mynn gorgeous cards
Gr Karin

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Fabulous card, Mynn! I think you've done a great job casing inspirational card. It's looks like it, but totally different card!

Becky said...

What a fabulous card.

Petra Swart said...

I surely do like the look of your card, Mynn!!! Lovely choice of bg to work with and the trees look stunning!!! Great to use the silver paper for the snow at the bottom!!! Very beautiful, Mynn!!!

Peanut said...

Gorgeous card, Mynn. Love wintery vive and the I LOOOVE the glittery snowbank. Great job CASEing yourself! :)
hugs, Asha

Rosmarie said...

I adore how you cased your own card! Love the embossed trees on the superb background and the sparkling silver snow waves! All this is fantastic!
Hugs Rosi