Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Watercolor Gradation


Hi, friends!  Happy Wednesday! :)  I'm here today with a card using a new to me technique that I just barely learned this morning and HAD to try.  Ever have that happen?!  I do every now and again.  This one is called Watercolor Gradation and creates a fun ombre effect with watercoloring!  Take a peek at my card...


I started by creating the watercolored background using Ranger watercolor paper and Evergreen Bough Distress Ink.  It took a few minutes to get it right, but I finally found my happy medium. :)  I had taped the paper to watercolor it, but some of the ink escaped and I rather like the effect it made.


After the watercolor paper had dried, I stamped a flower from the Garden Seed Packets stamp set from Inspired By Stamping using Memento Tuxedo Black ink in the lower left hand corner and watercolored it with Dried Marigold and Picked Raspberry Distress Inks.


Lastly, I stamped a sentiment from the Big Hello stamp set from Inspired By Stamping with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and then added a few rhinestones from Want 2 Scrap to add shine and texture.


The focal panel was then matted on to some Basic Black cardstock from Stampin' Up! and added to a card base made of Georgia Pacific white cardstock and Bramble Rose patterned paper from My Mind's Eye.  I really love the final product--it turned out better than I thought it would for a first go around!  What do you think?  I'd love for you to leave me a comment below to tell me!


I'm entering this card into these fabulous challenges~




(NEW technique again!)


That's all for me for now!  Thank you so much for stopping by to take a peek at my creation.  I hope you come and play along with these very fabulous challenges today!  I'll be back SOON with more crafty pursuits and I hope you come back then!  Until that time, HUGS and happy stamping, friends! :)

 photo Sigcopy.png

14 comments:

Elaine Stark said...

A lovely card and technique. Thanks for joining Top Tip Tuesday. Elaine

sandie said...

wow the water colour looks fab and you only learnt to today, well you rocked it! Thanks for joining Ink x

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeous card Mynn
Gr Karin

Shelly Schmidt said...

Lobe the technique- beautiful card!

Lisa Stolp said...

Beautiful card Mynn! Love the colors you used

Sue said...

Wow, Mynette, this is so striking! I love the inky panel and beautiful flower, lovely layout too.

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Mynn thank you for your lovely comment on my blog and for suggesting I enter it into the challenge I did, thank you,. Mynn this is absolutely gorgeous that flower looks amazing the clean and simple design is superb.
hugs
lorraine x

Lisa Elton said...

This is fabulous Mynn!! I love the pop of color from that beautiful bloom!!

Pam Tiedtke, or Pammie Lou said...

I LOVE the vibrant colors in this great watercolor card! Gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown challenge!
hugs!
Pam
TT DT
www.pammiesinkypinkies.blogspot.com

Mona Pendleton said...

Gorgeous card Mynn! Love your beautiful background! Such a pretty watercolor effect! The blossom looks stunning!

Becky said...

This is stunning Mynn. Love the colors and design.

Fabiola said...

superbe! très élégant et charmant, biz

Petra Swart said...

Oh, your watercolouring looks great, Mynn!!! And the flower is so stunning!!! Beautiful card, Mynn!!!
Have a great day!!!

Rachael said...

Great techniques - the card is stunning! Thanks for sharing this with us at Sentimental Sundays! x