Monday, May 11, 2015

CutCardStock: Best Dad Ever


Hello, all!  I am super excited to be sharing a Father's Day card with you today using Basis Cardstock from the CutCardStock online store!  Come take a peek...


The three colors of Basis Cardstock that I used are White, Light Brown, and Olive.  The Light Brown Basis Cardstock was dry embossed and then sponged to create a faux wood panel.  The sentiment was stamped onto White Basis Cardstock and some baker's twine was added for texture.  


The card base was made with the Olive Basis Cardstock, and all that needed to be added was some patterned paper, washi tape, and enamel dots.  I think this turned out super fun!  I LOVE all the amazing texture, and I think this really looks like a perfect masculine card, which doesn't happen very often for me! ;)  What do you think?  I'd love to hear in the comments below!


Thank you so much for stopping by today!  If you'd like a step by step tutorial on how to make this card, hop over to the CutCardStock blog!  That's all for now--I'll be back later with more crafty posts!  Until then, HUGS and happy stamping, friends! :)

 photo Sigcopy.png

5 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

fab card Mynn
Gr Karin

VanessaB said...

great dad/manly card :)

Lisa Lara said...

Great DAD day card Mynn. Love the wood eb folder for texture.

Lisa Elton said...

What do I think? I think it's fabulous!! Love that you added a bit of ink to the woodgrain embossing. It really makes it pop!

Petra Swart said...

A great masculine card, Mynn!!! Love the great texture of the woodgrain bg and I like the idea to sponge it for extra depth!!!! The colours are lovely and very manly and I do like the green card base!!!! The piece of twine you wrapped around your banner is great and I really like the blues of the polka dot paper and the enamel dots!!!!
Your dad is going to love this, Mynn!!!
Have a great day!!!!!