Friday, June 12, 2015

Paper Sweeties June Release Sneak Peeks!


Hello, SWEETIES!  It's time for another Paper Sweeties release, and this month is TOTALLY fun and summery!  I just KNOW you will love all the new sets and dies.  There are FOUR new stamp set and TWO die sets this month--WOW!  My first card features some no lines water coloring, take a peek...


I used the *NEW* Let's Go To The Beach stamp set to create this scene.  I first stamped all the images with light colored, water based inks onto some watercolor paper.  I then did a little no lines water coloring magic.  There's a video below on how I did this. :)



I added some Wink of Stella to the clouds--it's kind of hard to see in the photo, but it's so pretty in real life!  I also added some red glitter gel pen to color in the sand castle flag.


The bow was created with Cookie Dough seam binding, and a red gem was added to the center to tie in the other red accents on this card.


I just LOVE the way this turned out!  The sample in the video didn't turn out as well, but I hope you take a chance and watch the video, anyway. ;)


So, what do you think?!  I hope you like the finished product, and that you take time to try out this fun technique!  I'd also love to hear your thoughts on my card and the *NEW* Let's Go To The Beach stamp set in the comments below!  AND, there are COORDINATING Let's Go To The Beach Sweet Cuts dies, too!


Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I appreciate all your sweet comments--they make my day!  If you're ready for more inspiration, make sure to stop by all the other gals' blogs, too!

Here's your list~


I'll be back tomorrow with more release goodness!
Until then, HUGS and happy stamping, friends! :)

blog sig 2015-16 photo Signature_1.png

Project supplies:

13 comments:

Jill Norwood said...

Mynn I love your gorgeous card! Beautiful sandcastle scene!!!

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

Mynn, I just LOVE the technique you used to make this gorgeous watercolor scene! WOW!!!

Maria said...

Gorgeous water coloring using the no line technique, Mynn! It's so soft and pretty! And, thanks so much for the wonderful tutorial!!!

KarinsArtScrap said...

what a wonderful card Mynn
Gr Karin

Graciellie Design said...

Wow what a pretty combination of colors and patterns. I love how you work the layering of your cards! The image looks so pretty too!!!

Lisa Elton said...

What a pretty little sandcastle! Wonderful summer card Mynn!

PiecesbyEmily said...

WOW the sand castle looks stunning in watercolor! Love it!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Your sandcastle is so pretty! Love the tutorial, too!!!!!
Hope you are feeling better!

Nancy Penir said...

Simply dreamy, Mynn! Great watercoloring, and beautiful design images!

Debbie said...

This is SO soft and pretty, Mynn!

The Craft Princess said...

I absolutely LOVE that you are showing these stamps can be used for more than just a fun scene....you are showing them being used in a more elegant artistic way...thank you...your card is beautiful Mynn :) Hugs...Janie

Petra Swart said...

Your watercolouring is GREAT, Mynn!! Love the cute sand castle and the red accents!!!! Love the B&W paper you've matted your panel on and the bow is lovely!!! Really lovely, Mynn!!!
Hugz

Cheryl said...

Awesome card, Mynn! Thank you SO much for the video tutorial. I am terrible with watercolors, but I love how they look. Time to give it another try!